Wednesday 13 June 2012

The meaning behind 'Y'

Filming bodyboarding has taken to me some weird and wonderful places. It has kidnapped me on a number of occasions, put a metaphorical bag over my head and run in the complete opposite direction from the safety of my comfort zone.

From sharing the back of a hylux with a couple dozen mice in South Australia, waking up to one sat on my head, nibbling my hair and the others destroying my shoes.


To taking a 29hr train to Scotland then finding myself clinging with all my might to the side of a cliff, in torrential rain that had turned the rocks so slippery any movement would send me tumbling into a deep gully of seawater, waiting for the boys to realise I wasn't there to film that amazing barrel and needed rescuing.


From standing on the pier at home in a wind chill of minus something-or-other for a whole day, promising each time to go home 'after this next set' and catching slight hypothermia.


To having to go to hospital for a course of steriods after being set upon by what seemed like every mozzie, midgie and sandfly in west australia while filming at the box.



So it's no wonder that people get a bit baffled as to why a girl, from Britain, who doesn't surf would want to film bodyboarding for seemingly no other reason than(as an australian once said to me)'for sh*ts and giggles. And to be honest I don't really have an answer for those people who ask why I did it. I just know that at certain moments I get to see and shoot things that are too amazing to miss. And these are the times that will always make me want to film, no matter what.

As my wordsmanship isn't quite up to scratch- I put together a short clip of these amazing moments. So the next time that someone asks me.
I can show them Y.
xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment