Saturday 24 April 2010

if your a fish dont leave the water...



"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time"

im trying to get back into some designing and stuff again. but after spending a whole day drawing and imagining the same pieces and ideas i had nothing...recycling is very good for baked bean cans and milk bottles not so much for ideas...it makes them as flat and lifeless as a forgotten novelty tea towel.
so to clear my head i went for a walk without my shoes and a few pennies in my pocket to hunt down a nice iced coffee. I only got as far as the paper shop and my tired eyes stumbled across a lovely layout of pastels. Frankie magazine- 500% more amping then any chilly caffeine.
when i got back to the house a frenzy of pencils and pens and circling and corner folding ensued. i hope the deliver to other countries.
art is ace. without it sometimes you start to feel like my poor fish from the fair did when he decided to reach for the stars and jump out of its tank and land on the carpet. without art you may look like your breathing but your not really living.
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment