Thursday 15 April 2010

life stories and lovelys

“There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.”
Mark Twain


found this quote the other day and made me smile and remember the people iv met so far on this trip. some for a good while, others for a fleeting moment, some are in the first group and a few were in the second.

On one of many trains I met a lady, lets call her Glynis. our meeting began after she thumped me on the shoulder to see if Id noticed a mans shorts that matched his bag..I hadnt...however Glynis was not finished and I found out all about her life, from her obsession with japanese pyjama's-her dads job as a civil engineer-and the fact she was chosen by a tribe to work for them before she was born, in the space of 10minutes.

Then on the gold coast I met a man, lets call him Glyn. Who stopped me to ask about my video camera. It turns out he is a pro surfer and knew all the pro's on the coast. however this was not the end to Glyns talents as he was also a pro snowboarder. dividing his time between surfing the goldie and boarding in japan. He wanted a filmer but unfortunately we never managed to catch up again.

At Dbah I met, perhaps the nicest lady ever, her name was Susy and was an illustrator by trade. Feeling pretty intimidated from being surrounded by so many faces id watched repeatedly on amazing films before I got out here, she chatted to me as if Id always been around. and for that I shall be eternally grateful.
Have a look at her website as her illustrations are incredibly beautiful
xXx
http://susyboyer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment