Thursday 15 April 2010

whatever next



so iv been a teenie bit of a bad blogger lately.
but there is a good reason...I finally went on an adventure. but why now? after so many years of talking about seeing the world? well it all started when I found my favourite childs book. Whatever Next. a story of a bear who goes on an adventure to the moon in a cardboard box even after mother bear says its not possible. and he gets back in time for his bath...this made him a legend in my eyes-on par with the care bears,teenage mutant hero turtles and thundercats. through my kiddie rosetinted vision this idea of adventure seemed possible to me. Swapping the cardboard box for a inflatable whale (named wally obviously) i would make some jam sandwichs, go out in the garden and wait for wally to fly me to the moon.i had the best adventures ever...but apparently mum tells me I never actually left that bit of grass.
And thats what hit me the day i found that book.
for well over 20 years iv daydreamed about jumping in a cardboard box/whale/plane and finding some new lands to explore with new people to meet...but never had the courage to take these adventures out of my mind. so in a flash of crazyness I booked a trip to the other side of the world. no plans except explore/meet some people/see some things for real.
I went to see my gran to tell her about the trip. 'the other side of the world?oh mygoodness...' she said '...whatever next.'

No comments:

Post a Comment